Yesterday morning, I could have sworn that we had a dead fish on our hands. I was debating on whether or not to tell the girls that our fish was dead or just to take care of it without them realizing what was going on. I decided to go ahead and tell them.
I explained to them that our beloved "Dory" was sick and had died. Also, I explained to them about the burial process of a fish a.k.a. flushing them down the potty.
My very tender-hearted four year old started to get teary eyed. It quite nearly broke my heart. Then through tears she sweetly asked, "Now can we get a chameleon??"
It took everything I had not to burst out laughing. How fickle children can be sometimes....crying over a dead fish and in the next second moving on to the new pet.
When I went to check again, the dead fish moved and started swimming. I am happy to report it was a false alarm and after changing her water and some fresh food our "Dory" is very alive. Although, we might start calling her "Lazarus" :)

No comments:
Post a Comment