About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids, Who wants to enjoy them to the fullest!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Just like you

Yes, I know it's been a long time since I've blogged about anything but, please keep in mind we were on a road trip to Texas and back that took about a week!
 They said so many things that were hilarious on that trip but, of course, I forgot to write anything down!  And there's no way I could remember it.

Something that's become a little bit of a tradition for me in the past few years is making cinnamon rolls for Thanksgiving and Christmas and selling them to friends and family.  Usually it takes me a whole day to get all the orders done and, in years past my in-laws have graciously taken the girls so I could focus on baking.
This year, because of the aforementioned "vacation" I didn't plan on having that many orders and decided to save my "babysitting request" for something more important. :)

Thank God my children were all fairly well behaved because I did end up with orders for about 6 dozen rolls!  While making them I wear an apron because it is a messy process.  My kitchen, dining room and self usually end up completely covered in flour.  Today, my precious, Emma, kept saying, "Mommy, you a chef" and was calling me "Chef Mommy".  (such a cute little girl)  After one of these comments she went running to her room and returned with her apron (that she just got for her birthday) in hand and exclaimed, "Mommy, I be a maker just like you!!  I'm Emma chef!"

So adorable!  So thought provoking!  I hope that that is something she will always want to say about me.  I hope that I'm an example that she will want to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment