About Me
- 2dizzydaisies
- I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids, Who wants to enjoy them to the fullest!
Friday, June 29, 2012
Daddy thinks you're beautiful.....
Weight has always been an uphill battle for me and since getting married and having children it's only gotten harder. Recently, I joined Weight Watchers and have had some success. I'm a about half way to my goal, which is great but, it presents a problem. None of my old clothes fit and I don't really want to go out and spend money on clothes for where I'm at now..... I know, know, "it's a good problem" but,it's still a problem!:)
On Mother's Day this year, our church gave a free 8x10 picture to every mom. Which meant, I had to have my picture taken. That morning I must have tried on at least 5 different outfits which all ended up laying on the bed because they didn't work and I was in tears! (not a great way to start Mother's Day) At this point, I was standing in the hallway telling my husband "I'm so tired of this! I'm tired of feeling gross, and ugly, and fat all the time!" of course, he tried to comfort me but, sometimes (if you're anything like me) it really doesn't matter what he says because he "has to say that" :)
My sweet little Hopie-girl was so into Mother's Day this year. She really wanted to make it a special day for me. When she looked up at me saw me crying, she wrapped her arms around me in a big hug and tenderly said, "Mommy, don't cry, Daddy thinks you're beautiful. Daddy loves you." It's amazing how just that simple phrase from her was enough to snap me out of it! Such a sweet, thoughtful girl! We went on to have a wonderful day :)
This also made me think of our heavenly Father and how much He loves each and every one of us. He thinks we're beautiful. The Bible says, we are fearfully and wonderfully made. It took a lesson from my own sweet baby girl for me to remember that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment