As most of you probably already know, our sweet, little Hopie-girl asked Jesus into her heart nearly a week ago. She's been asking a lot of questions about salvation for a while now so we had some idea that this would be coming. This was one of the sweetest things I have experienced as a mother!
Those of you who know Hope, know that she has a tendency to be very shy. When asked to say "Hi" to people she'll often try to hide and speak very quietly. Today, while I was pushing her on the swing at the park, she fearlessly sang "Jesus Loves Me" at nearly the top of her lungs. (over and over again). She was not shy at all just kept singing right along as if no one else was there. The other ladies there with their children sweetly smiled at her but, inside I was worried that she might be offending them.
As we walked home, She turned to me and said, "Mommy, you know why I was singing 'Jesus Loves Me' to the people?"
I said, "No, baby why?"
She replied, "Because, I want them to believe in Jesus too...like me."
Conviction pierced my heart! Here I was worrying about offending someone and she was trying to tell them about Jesus. How sad my attitude was! It took my 4 year old daughter's faith. To show me what kind of witness I should be!
About Me
- 2dizzydaisies
- I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids, Who wants to enjoy them to the fullest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment