About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids, Who wants to enjoy them to the fullest!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

You Are My Sunshine...

When Hope was about 3 months old she had a bout of bronchitis.  As a new Mom, this completely terrified me!  I was so worried about the congestion in her chest that many nights I sat in the rocking chair and rocked her all night just to know that she was ok.  At that time, I adopted a song that became our lullaby, "You are my sunshine".
When Emma was born, it became the natural instinct to sing this to her as well.  The same thing with Liam.  This was a special song for me and my babies.  We even have a plaque with those words hanging on the wall in the kids room.
Whenever one of my kids are sick or hurt they want to go "Rock-Rock".  Emma came up with the term when she was tiny, meaning, she wanted me to rock her in the rocking chair.  And  yet again, the natural song that always seems to come is, "You are my sunshine."
About a month ago, Emma broke her thumb.  We were sitting in one of the doctors rooms at the urgent care waiting to go take one of the countless x-rays.  I was trying to distract her from the pain in her hand by being silly and playing with some stickers that the nurses had given her.
My precious, baby-girl leaned her head on my shoulder and ever so sweetly said to me, "Mama, you are my sunshine."  This simple statement brought joy to my heart and a tear to my eye.  I quickly began to sing the lullaby to her and stroke her hair and she fell asleep.
This will forever be a sweet memory in this Mama's heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment